Thursday, June 18, 2015

Love is all you need

What is it about devastation that draws people in? People will stop what they're doing, slow down to turn their heads to see carnage in the roadway or stop and pull out their camera phone to record a dispute or fist fight. Would those same people stop, pull off onto the side of the road, get out of their vehicle to go check and see if anyone is injured or needs assistance at that same car accident? Would those same people recording the fight put their cameras down to break it up? What is it in the World today that creates an atmosphere where it is sociably acceptable to just not care about anyone or anything anymore? Satan maybe? Is Satan more dominant not only in the United States alone but in the entire World? What do you believe? Do you believe in anything? Do you have faith in anything? Do you pray? Do you believe in a higher power that is almighty and has total control over the World? Your soul? Do you believe that there is one God? Do you believe the World will end and that that time is quickly approaching? Do you believe that there is a God who made an ultimate sacrifice to save your soul? Yours? Out of 7 billion people, One God did one thing to save your soul. Do you believe that? It's not important what I believe. It makes no difference to me what you believe. My goal in life is to live right. Love others. Love God. What does that look like? Does it make me a better person to read my bible everyday? Does praying ensure my spot in heaven? Does spreading the word about Jesus Christ save my soul? The answers to all of these questions mean nothing. It makes not one ounce of difference. What I know for sure is Love. I know what love can do and I know what the purpose of love is and I know the way love makes me feel. Love is certain. Love is a necessity. Love is power. Love is belief. Love is to live. What do you do everyday? Do you wake up early in the morning or do you sleep past noon? Do you eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water and exercise your body daily or do you eat whatever whenever and never exercise? Do you spend most of your time alone or do you spend quality time with those you love? Do you love? Do you put yourself first or do you put others first? Do you feel happy and grateful everyday or do you feel lonely and lost? Do things in your life and around you make perfect sense or are you constantly questioning everything? Why am I asking so many questions? What do the answers have to do with anything? Have you thought about it? Have I planted a seed that is now in your head? What will you be thinking about once this blog has been read? I just want to know that what I'm saying/asking has prompted at least one person to evaluate the time we have left. I wake up every morning and thank God for another day but am I grateful that his holy spirit dwells within? I go to work to a job that I really don't enjoy and sit there for 8 hrs wishing for a better opportunity but am I taking steps to change anything? I don't watch what I eat, drink enough water or exercise every day does that make me unhealthy and lazy? I go home in the evenings and see my five adorable kids but do I interact enough with them? When is the last time I taught them something imperative? Every day is a new chance to be/do better than the day before but am I making the most of each new opportunity? Do I live each day like it is my last? Do I do/try my best? Do I put God first? Do I put Love first, ahead of everything else? Do I care for others the way I would want them to care for me? Am I forgiving? Am I caring? Am I a loving person? The word priority has been coming up a lot for me lately. The definition of priority is this: a thing that is regarded as more important than another; the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important; the right to take precedence or to proceed before others. The right to proceed before others. Am I prioritizing my life in order to live right? What do your priorities look like day in and day out? What takes precedence? What comes first? Will any of this change who you will be tomorrow? Will you have a new found will to live your life right? Will you at least ask yourself what that could look like? Are there any changes you are willing to make? Would you ever give in to love and let it take control? Do you have trust? What do we all want? Are all of our needs the same? Does any one person need more than another? I know what I want and I know how to get it. I just hope and pray that I can share it. I know that God is present. I know he is with me because every day I wake up I no longer feel empty. I don't hunger anymore. I am never thirsty for more. I don't feel like I am going without or being deprived. I don't feel like I am losing out. I don't feel like I am living without. I feel happiness and know I have everything to live for. I know because love lives here. God has taught me that no matter how bad I think things are, love is never very far. It can be a hug from my child, a kiss from my mother, a phone call from my man, a nudge from a friend or a word from the Bible. No matter what form I know it's God letting me know I'll be ok and he lets me know each and every single day. This is what I believe. This is what keeps me going. God is my love and my peace with every thing. How could I ever want for anything more? What could take precedence over the love of my Lord? What is it in the World today that has made everyone turn from God and walk away? What does Satan have to say? What promise has he made? Please don't let him lead you astray? Be the type of person to take the time to stop and ask if they could use your help. Instead of pulling your phone out next time you see a dispute try to mediate and sacrifice yourself for the well being of someone else. Ask yourself what your needs are every day and maybe you will realize that you don't really need anything. Life is a gift. God is the right way to live. Nothing else in this World really exists. Once you realize how important Love is your life will change for the best. Love yourself, love everyone else and love God above all else. As long as you can do this and believe you will be safe. Just have faith. 

Work Cited: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=priority+definition&oq=pr&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i60l2j0l2.1324j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8 

No comments:

Post a Comment