Monday, August 1, 2016

Lucky Chalupas

I don't know where we're going but I know where we've been. Disappointed time and time again. Disaster prone, magnets for destruction. Trying to love through dense fog, shipwrecked from it all. Love sick and left for dead. Replays of what went wrong like a constant nightmare in our heads. I'm sad to say but quick to admit, she never cared and neither did he. We've been door mats, towel racks and the keys to broken locks. Our hearts squeezed like lemons to the very last drop. Our feelings kicked back and forth like rocks. We both were taught to love hard and give it all you've got. They drained us like sand in an hour glass, turned over and over again for fun. Our heart strings played until they became weak and popped. When I found you, you had nothing left to take and I had nothing left to give. We were both too weak to swim yet we both dove right in. You saved my life but I didn't want to be saved. So I gave you breath when you no longer cared to breathe. Still broken like dead branches on a tree. I caught you and you caught me. Your life in my life is priceless treasure in the sea. Two pearls in one oyster; you and me. I don't know where we're going but I know where we've been. We no longer have to be slaves to that sin. Our hearts torn and tattered have been renewed. The sadness that plagued our lives has been removed. This distance between us is in reality a bridge. You stand on one side while I wait at the other end. Once you finally reach me nothing can come in between us. The love we both lost we've replaced in each other's hearts. Some times in life in order to be full we must first experience emptiness, drained to nothingness. You and I are both far too familiar with loneliness. I no longer desire to be among the walking dead. Take my hand in yours once and for all. Let's walk hand in hand, side by side from now on. Whatever we endure from this point forward we won't have to face alone. God has known our suffering all along. With Jesus in our hearts he prepared us for one another. God has blessed us both beyond measure. We won't ever know where we're going but we will never forget where we've been. Two lost souls wandering among men, united in Christ, now re-enforced ready to take on the World, supremely blessed to the end. Running together toward the finish line we finally win. 



No comments:

Post a Comment