Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Placeholder

What if all he'll ever be to me is a placeholder for where you are supposed to be?
Nice for a spell but no comparison to what we share.
Sweet and polite but never just right.
Handsome in his own ways but he doesn't have your eyes.
Keeping warm the spot in my heart that I have already reserved for your love.
I don't know that you'll ever return to claim your rightful throne.
You're the only Arthur to my stone.
He's bright but you illuminate the darkest parts of me.
His fire could never imitate your flames and paint shadows all over me.
He could get me started but he could never keep me going.
He can make me smile on the surface but you entertain my soul and my spirit.
He stirs my curiosity but you stir all of my senses.
He's only temporary but will you ever become permanent?
I like him sure but I love you more.
He's here now and you're out there somewhere still.
While my eyes are fixed on him my mind is focused on you.
While my hands are on his skin my nerve endings fiend for you.
It's his voice in my ear but it's your voice down my spine.
My heart doesn't stop crying for you.
I can't quiet down my mind.
All he'd ever be to me is a placeholder in the space of my life where you are meant to live.
Sucks for him.
Sucks worse for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment