Monday, June 12, 2017

You

What if I told you that I'd wait forever for you and that if forever never came that I would remain alone for you? What if I asked you what love is to you and how you knew? Would you tell me the truth? What if your heart was telling you one thing but your life was telling you something different and you knew that if you were to listen to your heart you would be saved? What would you do then? Would you cave? Would you give in? What if you could tell that what you have is not a sure thing and that what you could have would be true? What would you do? Would you let go and try something new? What if I told you I would protect you and that I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you? How would that make you feel? What if I said to you that I loved you and that I only wanted to be with you? How would you react to that? Would you even care? What if I told you I would take care of you in every way and that you would never want for anything with me? Would that prompt you to think about everything? What if you look in the mirror one day and realize you're not completely content and that you knew you needed a change? Would you look for me? Would you call my name? What if I told you I have already given you my heart and that I didn't want it back? Would you throw it away in the trash? Would you leave it gift wrapped on my doorstep? Would you want to keep it? What do you think of me? What if I told you my feelings for you were real and that if you took them serious you would realize yours were too? Would you deny it or tell me you love me back? Would you go on like nothing had changed? Would you come to my rescue? What if I told you that you were just a dream and that you've never really existed? What if I could prove it? Would you believe me then? What if I disappeared? Would you remember me? Would you think of me from time to time? Would you wonder where I was and if I were ever coming back? Would you miss me at all? Would it make you sad to not have me around? What if I told you that I'd wait forever for you and that if forever never came I'd still be here? If you asked me what love is to me and how I knew, I'd tell you the truth but I know I wouldn't have to because you already knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment