Sunday, December 23, 2012

Liquid Gold

This blog was written 11.18.2011 in Chronicle #9. Enjoy.

Hold the Salt

I'm on the rocks, colder than this ice clinking around in this empty glass. Dripping sweat because I don't know what is next. I'm stuck in this circle like the ring left from the sweat dripping off my glass. Got no more class, I just left it all in that glass and now it's gone like the love words of that song. How does it go? I love the way it flows. Eh, Who cares? My blank stare is as empty as my cup and I am about to get up for a refill and I hope I won't have no more spills. It burns so smooth as it passes through my tubes and I can feel it in my soul. This liquid gold. I think I may love it more than it loves me. That's no surprise, that is my life. A miserable existence hidden, blurred from this concoction I hold in my hand. I sleep in quicksand. I'm sinking. That burning feeling has got me melting. I've actually vanished, I've been banished. Like whatever was swishing around in this glass and now it's all in the past.

The Past! Ha! The past.

Dear Lindsey's Past
cc: Lindsey's Lovelife

Fuck You!!

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment