Sunday, September 1, 2013

Love in hope and memories

I don't believe in love at first sight but all I can think about is when your eyes met mine for the first time. That is the picture I chose for my memory of you. When I think about you I get a flashback to then and recollect our smiles all over again. You were so debonair and unlike anyone I'd ever seen around before. I'll never forget that day we met it's my most precious memory yet and the day you stole my attention away. The next thing that comes to mind is when I think about your face that day we walked through the fish tanks. The memories I have of that day are as vibrant as the little fish that swam between our gazes. It amazes me we felt the same way and chose to never say a thing. You saw me through the toughest time. You consoled my broken heart and listened through sleepless nights. You took my sadness away and I thank you for that everyday. In the end it hurt worse not seeing you when I finally looked back. With time and space and all of the odds against us we somehow overcame the distance and now we find ourselves on a 23 month mission. A time and a place that separates us from one another though being by the others' side is what we both wish to discover. When two people are uplifting each other they shouldn't throw their love in the shadows. Thank you for never denying your feelings. Thank you for never questioning mine in return. Thank you for caring to ask about my mom and children. Thank you for always showing genuine concern. Thank you for being the one who is there even when you aren't able to be here. Thank you for wanting to be the one who is here so I don't have to be alone anymore. I won't ever deny my feelings for you. I'll never question yours in return. I'll always care about you and your family with my most genuine concern. I'll be the only one who is here for you even when I can't physically be there. I want you to be the one who is here with me so I can stop doing things by myself. I have no idea why this is happening to us but I think it has everything to do with patience and trust. You're pushing me to limits I've never breached. You allow me to take myself to new heights with new peaks. With you shining your light on me I am brighter than I ever allowed myself to be. I have power from this generator you've become for me. I keep going because you keep pulling me, encouraging me, giving me the motivation I need. I am beginning to feel like you understand how I think. Your words send me to the brink, I break so I speak. I have so many things to tell you. What have we gotten ourselves into? Patience and trust I have the most trouble with and here I am facing them both with you. Tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Tell me we aren't waiting in vain. Tell me that some day soon we'll be speaking face to face. Tell me I'm not going insane. Tell me you feel the same. Are we the same? Do we hope and pray for the same things? I'll find out one day. For now I think of that day you looked up at me and gave me a wink. I think of the fish tanks and Spiderman, Keyshia Cole and angel wings and talking under trees, early mornings and sweet nothings. Cell rings and ink stains, your steady hands and all of the memories of back then. You've left your mark on me. There is no turning back. I'll stand here for as long as it takes until we're standing side by side. Until the day we can put our story into motion again and put our love back on the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment