Tuesday, November 3, 2015

It can't be, but it is.

Well now, I must say that this blog has completely transformed from personal venting and rants into something I never imagined it was ever capable of becoming. After 4 long, grueling years of pain, tears, triumphs and everything in between I am happy to report that my views have skyrocketed to over 6,300 views in at least 10 different countries now. I am still working on my 2nd publication which will include all of these blog entries and some from my personal collection of chronicles that never made it on here. I have started and re-started my 2nd book at least 3 times. The first was due to lack of content, motivation, dedication and time. The 2nd and 3rd were both due to technical issues. I had about 80,000 words that were saved on a laptop that was destroyed and never backed up so that's where I'm at with that. It was quite devastating and deterred me from starting over for some time. I look forward to jumping back in head first after the hustle and bustle of the holiday season however I promised myself that I wouldn't set any more outlandish goals or spout off due dates of when the book would be officially coming out. Aside from that I have deactivated, deleted and completely removed any and all of my social media outlets. This blog is all I have left. No one was ever bold enough to contact me directly anyway, it seemed unecessary and distracting to have to keep up with all of that. My life is more interesting now that no one knows what's going on, aside from what I disclose on here. I like it better this way. My life, my say, my way. Kind of the same thing with this blog and the new book. It's my book, it's my project, it will happen on my own time. That's the beauty of creative writing, there are no pre-conditions as to what needs to happen or when. Obviously I set a standard for myself which is higher this time around than the first go round but even still it is mine. No one else gets to dictate how awesome I am except for me and I like it that way. I rushed the last book just because I wanted it done before I turned a certain age, pretty immature of me and for that reason there were a ton of grammatical and spelling errors that were never caught, it was sloppily put together and on top of that I edited by myself. Never the less I am still proud of the accomplishment, not so much the finished product but it was a life goal that was met and I am completely content with that. I feel more confident this time, I am certainly more knowledgeable and with nothing but time and clear skies I have no limit as to what I can and will accomplish this time around. I am highly dedicated to my writing and it has and always will be a passion of mine. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for me and my writing. I never thought I would ever have the opportunity to address the world in such a beautiful way. It is awe inspiring, empowering and overall a joy to have the capability to do what I do. I love this stuff and to anyone reading I am forever grateful. You are a part of something big and awesome, just watch! And as always keep reading! ;j

No comments:

Post a Comment