Friday, November 20, 2015

Juliette Angelique

A bright light came into my life 12 years ago today.
I never knew my soul could dwell in two.
Skin like down, eyes like topaz, solid blue.
If angels live on Earth I was blessed to watch one take her first breath.
It was love at first sight as I watched my belly create life.
My baby was a perfect 10, God blessed me at a young age.
It is something I live with everyday and would never change.
If she hadn't come into my life when she did, I'd be a different person for it.
A guardian angel, even as an infant.
Mild mannered, independent.
Loving, caring, so attentive.
Juliette you stole my heart.
Without you coming into my life I'd be blind wandering in the dark.
You are the light of my World, the brightest shining star in my universe.
I can't live without you, I was never meant to.
No matter how tall you grow, how old you are.
I need you to know just how important you are.
My life has meaning and purpose because of you.
If I never do anything else in this life, having you was enough.
You are my legacy, the very best part of me.
The reason I breathe, the reason I was put on this Earth.
I live for nothing more but you my sweet angel, baby girl.
I love you yesterday, today and to the end of the World.
You will never be able to know exactly how much that is because I will continue to love you even after the World ends.
My baby girl, please don't ever change but if you must, trust that I will always be with you when the times get tough.
I will support you in everything that you ever do.
You can always come to me if you need a clue.
Beautiful, intelligent and wise beyond your years.
Brave, powerful, a conquerer of fears.
Juliette, my Juliette you will be someone who makes me so very proud.
If you ever need to know how your mommy feels about you, just read this poem aloud.
I love you sweet angel.
You'll always be my special baby girl.






1 comment: