Monday, May 9, 2016

You only love me when you're drunk!

I received a text about 3 am. It was you again. The text read something like this, "I miss you. I hate you. You suck. I love you." Immediately I knew you were drunk. I only cross your mind when you're holding a cup. You showed up at my house, unannounced. You were ready to pounce. You grabbed me up and pulled me close. I could smell the courage on your clothes. You kissed me hard then we made our way through a maze to my bed where we laid tangled up but then your buzz started to wear off so you took off. Just as quickly as you came, just like that you were gone again. You're always leaving me to go get drunk. When ever I get sad or lonely I like to look at our old pictures, it always cheers me up. When ever you get sad and lonely you like to fill pitchers up. You only love me when you're drunk. I never see you when you're sober. I can never pin you down. You never agree to come over. You're always moving around. You never call or text me anymore. When there is no alcohol involved I feel like you'll be bored. Some days I wish my blood was made of rum. Then maybe my love would fill/warm you up. I wish my lips tasted of cinnamon whiskey, maybe then you'd crave my kisses. I wish my words were vodka scented, maybe then I'd grab your attention. Maybe you'd actually listen. It's too bad you only love me when you're drunk. Hanging out together would be fun. All I've ever wanted is your love. A little bit of your time, some of your attention and a few of your hugs. What you fail to realize is that YOU are my drug. I wish you loved me as much as you love to drink but I guess I have to take what I can get. Maybe someday I'll get my shot. For now, go take a few shots for me and get nice and drunk. Loving me must be tough because you only love me when you're drunk. I still love you punk! 

Dedication: For my Pork Chop aka MAD. I will love you until we are both dead. You will always belong to me and I will always belong to you. Nothing and no one will ever change that truth. Love you. xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment