Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Beautiful Mess

What a beautiful mess we have created. We both know what it feels to be hated. Hell froze over so we went ice skating. No one was invited so we met somewhere in the middle. Honey mustard and red lips did him in. We stopped fighting the impossible current and let go. We embraced for the first time beneath the moonlight and life as we knew it ended that night. He kissed her then and drenched her in him and she soaked him in. We fell together and refused to get back up again. Lyrics and hazel eyes did her in. Leaving your side is the worst part when you make me so warm. We swept the dirt from the outside world under the rug. They give shoulder shrugs and "I don't give a fucks!" because what they share can't be mocked or undone. Sometimes it's easier to forget the obstacles we have in front of us and just suck face. Who needs drugs with kisses like we have? My current favorite place is your face, your embrace, laying on the blanket of air that is your chest. Hearing your heartbeat beneath my cheek. Life isn't always fair. Guidelines are often lost, boundaries crossed. You are the flame to my moth. You are fire and I am ice and when we make love steam envelopes us. Why would we agree to ever give this up? I don't want to give you up. I can't agree with what the world tells us. The word wrong is so harsh. Our time might as well be a dream since our reality is a nightmare. There is so much static in the air. Refusing to hear the noise of our undeniable disaster the channel between us is somehow so clear. People will always have their strong opinions on what they should and should not do. They will never coincide with our feelings. All I want is you. I know you want me too. You make that evident in what you do. When there is never anything better to do, there will always be you. Romance is our perfume. Playlists playing in the back ground as our story plays out. Flowers on her counter. You are day. You are night. You are the space between the shade and the light. You are so wrong. You are so right. You are the reason for hope in some truth. You've resuscitated me, spoke breath into my cold, cavernous existence. She feels your vibrance. Craves your enigmatic energy. How did you know I needed saving? Your timing is impeccable. Don't ever say you're dragging me down. In this detestable situation you keep me afloat. I want to tell you it will get easier but we both know that's not the truth. He makes her happy. Is that not enough? Leave them alone. The harm has been done. The lines have been drawn. Our abyss has morphed into a black hole. They've embarked on a journey life presented them. To turn back now and pretend it never happened would cause them to crash and fall into oblivion. She refuses to deny her feelings for him. He refuses to change his future for her. They are trying to convince one another that walking on razors doesn't hurt. We will endure and overcome what ever is thrown at us. I won't give you up. I won't back down. I won't let you go unless you untie the rope. I can't imagine life without you now. They're in way too deep and it feels so wonderful. Too good to ever get dressed. I'm anxious to see what comes next. In such an ugly world they are perfectly content to stay together in their beautiful mess.   

No comments:

Post a Comment