Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Beer mugs and coffee cups

Every time I tell myself I can't do this anymore I remind myself how important it is for you. Intertwining two lives sure is a helluva lot easier than untangling and pulling them apart. What is Love without a platform to display affection? There are many forms of love. I want to show you mine but that's not what you want. So I have to bottle it all up and put it on a shelf. When I run out of space I'll pour it down the drain and start all over again. I fear it will never run out and I'll have to dump it out. Such a waste! Now that a little bit of time has lapsed I realize that I will never get the opportunity to fill you up again. With all of the various beer mugs and coffee cups in the cupboard I suppose you feel I have my options open. Sure there are plenty to choose from and yes I could drink from any one but that doesn't mean it's what I want. Will you ever care about what's best for me? Like a thief, you pulled me from my glass cabinet, dusted me off, shined me up and admired my beauty. You filled me up and drank from my love maybe once or twice. Then one day you dropped me and I shattered in front of your eyes, right there at your feet. It took no time at all for you to grab a broom and sweep my jagged pieces into a neat little pile. You scooped me up, dumped me into the trash and never ever looked back. I know I was broken. I know the damage was indisputable, irreversible; I was in an irreparable state. I get all of that. I do understand but you didn't even flinch. You didn't sigh or yelp. You didn't try to catch me as I slipped out of your hands. You didn't think twice or make any attempts to see if there were even a remote possibility to put me back together. It hurts to my core that you didn't try. You simply gave up on me. I could've cut you deep and made you bleed but revenge is not what I need. Seeing you in pain could never bring me peace. All I wanted was the chance to fill you up as you did me. I wanted to continue to enjoy your warmth between my hands. I crave the flavor of you on my tongue. I miss pressing you against my lips to sip you slow. I promise with all of my heart that I am trying my best to forget how delicious you are. The time I spent in your hands was so pleasurable that I wish you could understand this is not easy for me to do. Not want you. I love you so much and I hate you so badly at the same time. No matter how hard I try not to think of you all of my thoughts pool like a puddle of you in the middle of the floor. What a mess! Unlike you so quick to sweep up the remnants of me and throw them into the trash I will leave you all over the floor as a reminder that once upon a time you were here. It wasn't just a dream though that would make this easy. You still exist for me. Seems as though I have become just a distant memory. I have no other choice rather than to live with it but you are that tall drink of liquid gold I'll never forget.   

No comments:

Post a Comment