Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Just another today

I feel like writing but I've got nothing to say. I allowed him to break my heart again today. Shame on me. I'm obviously not one to learn from my mistakes. I stroke the fire over and over like it never gets old being burned. I've even set my fake nail on fire. I'm the kid who lets my ice cream scoop fall to the ground because I only licked it on one side. I'm the one whose balloon flies off into the sky because I was too stubborn to let mom tie it around my wrist. I'm the kid who gets lost in Fiesta because I didn't stay put when my mom told me to. I'm the one who checks out a Library book with the pages ripped out. I lost my favorite clear sandals at the lake. I'm the one who leaves my favorite pair of shades in someone's car and of course they didn't know which ones I was talking about. I let the dog out and it never came back. I put grandma's favorite glass dish in the microwave cold and it cracked. I'm the person who buys a flashlight but forgets to buy batteries. I lose one of my brand new diamond earrings in a dark movie theatre. I put sugar in the wrong person's tank because the cars looked the same. I stand when everyone else sits. I clap when it's inappropriate. I reach for my red wine and knock it over on your Grandmother's vintage lace table cloth. I try way too hard. So I've been told. I laugh too loudly at the wrong time at the most unfunny of jokes. I am the punch line. If there are buttons to be pressed I will be the one to push them first. I'm the one who can never let anything go. I like revisiting the past. I am good at bringing up awkward and uncomfortable topics mid-chat. I invite too many people to the party and don't have enough food or have to go back to the store for ice. I listen to my music way too loud. I think I have a great singing voice but sound like shit. I'm the one who keyed the car so hard I broke my own key and couldn't drive away. I am the person someone warns a tire looks low and drives on it until it's completely flat but I never run out of gas. My phone is always charged but I never carry cash. I'm the one who is always 30$ short for everything but always has fresh shoes and ink. I'd rather have what I want than what I need. I'm blatantly greedy. I've been told I'm needy though I don't agree. I will go after what I want and suffer the consequences more often than not. I'm the most impatient person I know. I know. I'd rather walk in the rain than take the ride. I get better reception outside so I step out to make a call and get locked out. I fall in love way too quick. I'm too intense. I'm obnoxious. I can take a hint but prefer to ignore them. I paint my nails and fall asleep before they dry. I take everything to heart and tell others to take everything with a grain of salt. I lather the children in sunscreen and bug spray and end up getting burned and bitten. I like to spit when I smoke and I like to smoke when I drink. My bad habits are intertwined like star crossed lovers. One doesn't exist without the other. I have a bad mouth. I'm the one to curse in front of your mother and get drunk with your father. I may never learn what it is to be proper. I'm too touchy-feely. I speak my mind to the point where it gets me into trouble. I gamble with my own feelings. I can try to raise the kids better. I'll give them only the best parts of me and do my very best to shield them from the rest. I wish they'd give them back. I'm always the one who ruins the surprise. I hate surprises. I try not to make promises. They're too often and easily broken. I'm honest to a fault. I'd never get away with anything because I'd always get caught. I am the one who doesn't see the rock and trips and falls. I am the one who gets my car towed because I park where ever I want. I'm the one who rambles on when no one cares to hear. I'm afraid of the ferris wheel. I talk to myself if no one else is in the room. Most of this is made up but some of it is true I'll leave the deciphering up to you. I was just in the writing mood. I told you I didn't have anything to say but you decided to read this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment