Friday, June 16, 2017

Make me different

How'd he do it?
He made me different. 
He broke me.
I'm broken.
Lost in a sense.
I can't say I blame him.
It's not like it was on purpose.
It was high time for a change anyway.
I was sick of myself.
I never listened to the way I felt.
The life I've been living was bad for my health.
I was like second hand smoke to those around me.
When cancer is found the only way to get rid of it is to cut it out.
He made me realize I needed to be cut out.
My presence was like a contagious disease.
Infecting any one around me.
I couldn't be spread any longer.
I had to be quarantined.
Contained.
Terminated.
I don't think he meant to do it but he did.
I've completely changed my outlook on everything.
Pain.
Relationships.
Feelings.
Friends.
Love.
How I see the World.
The way I treat others.
The way I treat myself.
How could someone I barely know impact me so?
I still don't know.
I've come to accept I probably never will.
It doesn't matter now anyhow.
He had the power to make me different somehow.
I don't want for the same things I used to.
I want to be good.
If not for him, for someone new.
My focus has shifted.
The weight I've been bearing has been lifted.
He did it.
I am different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment