Thursday, August 3, 2017

Lost in my own heart

I didn't leave. You did.
You took the lantern with. Left me in complete darkness.
I'm still here. Wandering about in my empty heart.
I'm waiting for you to come back.
I sleep alone in cold sheets at night. The ones you left me in. 
You don't get cold do you? I do. Without you. 
You took the map on your way out. Now I'm lost in my own heart.
I'm still hurting. Did you know that?
I'm disappearing in the fog of your memories now.
Can you feel my tears fall? Do you hear me when I cry out for you?
I want so badly to let this sadness go.
I'm tethered to my despair like an anchor.
I want to come up for air from you but I can't move on.
You want nothing to do with what we created out of thin air. That hurts. 
You don't breathe anymore.  
I'm inhaling the exhaust you left behind.
I choke on the history between you and I.
Reliving the pain with every breath I take. 
I reread the beginning over and over again because I can't stand the ending.
You hurt me. Are you aware?
I still fiend for you. I can't deny the urge.
I can't find my way out of this love I feel for you.
Nothing else compares. No one has ever affected me this way before. 
My heart is a sinkhole.
You will never come back to rescue me.
You won't even send a search party.
It will be easier for you if I remain lost forever. Lost in my own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment