Friday, September 15, 2017

What have you done?

I've given you enough of me. Don't you think?
You abducted my time. You're alien to me.
You snatched my attention. You're a thief.
You captivated my desire. You're a luminous fire.
You enraptured my body. You're King of the jungle.
You trapped my sanity. You're shock therapy.
You interrupted my focus. You're an atomic bomb explosion.
You disrupted my life. You're a real natural disaster.
You broke my heart. You're a Kung Fu master .
If it never happened why do I feel these things? I don't understand.
You allowed me to get too close. I suffered 3rd degree burns.
You looked at me like no one else. I was your puppet on a shelf.
You convinced me I was special. I believed in magic.
You shattered my hope. I was the victim of a tragic accident.
You played me for a fool. I struck out on every pitch.
You threw me for a loop. I was an acrobatic.
You knocked me off balance. I was a tight rope walker.
You expected me not to feel. I turned into an alcoholic.
Why is this so hard? I don't understand.
I am stuck in the mud. You're a soaring eagle.
I am struck and spilling blood. You're running marathons.
I am starving. You're finishing dessert.
I am numb. You're playing in the sun.
I am overcome. You're underwhelmed.
I am sick. You're in perfect health.
I am lost. You're running free.
I am everything you're not. You're everything I want to be.
You've done enough; nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment