Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Come at me Bro!

Seems like as soon as you get your ducks in a row, someone comes along with a shot gun ready to take aim and shoot them down. People just love to stir the pot. Lately I've been walking around with a smile on my face. They see me and they wonder where that sad girl went? They wanna know what changed. They wanna know why. Who is the culprit behind her smile? They bust out their cro-bars, ready to pry into my life, ready to pick the locks of my treasure chest. I'm here to tell you that's unnecessary folks. If you want to know what I did or how I'll tell you here and now. It's not a secret. In fact, it's my God given purpose in life to tell you what I know. I'm happy to share with you the secret to everlasting life. His name is Jesus Christ. I didn't do anything special or out of the ordinary. I didn't join the illuminati or sell my soul to the dark angel. I didn't drink any magic potion or stumble upon the fountain of youth. I'm under no spell and I didn't do any special magic tricks. I relented. I repented. I surrendered. I gave up control. I said yes to Jesus. I maintained a position of patience. I listened. God blessed me in my obedience. That's it. It was really that simple. Now I have a million and one reasons to steer clear of sin. Again, I've said it a billion times and for you I'll say it again, I'm not perfect. I will sin again. I will fall short but this doesn't deter me or put me off of my mission. I'm in pursuit of a meaningful relationship with my God. He chose to bless me with the most amazing man I could ever come into contact with. I refuse to let any of you or your negativity creep in and interrupt our progress. He's perfect in God's eyes and that's good enough for me. I've had so many people come out of the woodwork lately it's not even funny. People, mostly men, I haven't heard from in months texting my phone for fun. As if a memo went out to all the guys I used to know that now is the time to shoot their shots. I feel like there is a reward out there for who ever can ruin my opportunity to be truly happy. Sheesh! You know what I say to that?? Come at me Bro! I mean, I've even had one show up at my door after being ignored. Like C'mon! What in the World is going on lately!? Never have I ever had that happen before, and all of them are coming at me out of nowhere. It's hilarious! I see what you're trying to do Satan and it's not working. You can keep trying to tempt me. Keep making your feeble attempts to stick a thorn in my side. Throw your sticks at my spokes, I'll just keep pushing my peddles forward. God is so much more powerful than you and you know it's true. My heart is guarded and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. My soul belongs to God and you'll never get to claim it as your own. I know you're not going to stop. I remember that night you came for me, you will never give up. And that's fine. Come at me Bro! I can feel you are saving your best weapon for last. My kryptonite in the form of a tall, handsome man tapping on my window one random morning at 4:30 am. Well, that'd be amazing and all, and it'd definitely be hard to fight but even that won't distract me from my focus. I'm not giving in to temptation that easily this time. God's plan for me is divine. I want to be around for the end of the movie this time. I am prepared for my happy ending. Keep throwing your best shots and I'll block everything you've got until you're completely worn out and stop! Just give up. You look like a silly clown. You've defeated me time and time before but this time I'm ready for what you have in store. I know you're coming for more. My soul is a hot commodity. The World is at war. I'm a mere mortal on this Earth but what God offers is worth more than anything of this world. I'm ready to face anything you can muster up. God has got me laced up. I'm stronger now than ever before. Good always prevails over evil. I thought you heard. You may have your followers but Jesus has his believers.   

1 comment: