Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Bye Bye FlutterFly

How does it feel to know you're no longer my muse?
That someone better has come along to fill your shoes?
Sorry, but you're going to have to go on bare foot. 
It is no longer you who fuels the fire inside of me.
My words pour out in a new direction; away from you.
It feels so good to be over you.
I never imagined my head would be cleared from thoughts of you. 
That my heart could be rid of feelings for you. 
I've been renewed. Refreshed.  
My heart is beating again and you had no part in resuscitating it.
I feel whole for once and no thanks to you.
I'm finally ready to move forward. Start new. 
No more going back n forth. I survived. 
For the first time in so long my head and my heart coincide.
I have control over my feelings, my heart, my life.
Let your wings free. I have.
Fly away with the wind little flutterfly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment