Monday, March 12, 2018

He does Magic

For Stephen:

He. Him. His. Us. Mister What If is a Magician. He does this thing to his voice that transforms my heart from a billion pieces back into a whole. He's truly amazing at his craft. He weaves love into each one of his words like a magic wand pulls a bunny out of a hat. Of him I have grown immensely fond and in no time at all we have created an indestructible bond. I never imagined I'd be so blessed to cross paths with someone whose intensity for life matched mine. We are word for word, breath for breath, so divinely in sync. We met in the middle. We are on the same level. We take turns reading from the same page to one another. He fills my cup and I drink him up. I serve his plate and he eats me up. He is of a different sort. He is in a league all his own.  Not at all like any of the rest. A love like this will surpass any test. He checks my boxes from top to bottom, as I check his. He is of the highest caliber. He dissipates my worries with laughter. He makes the world disappear and makes me feel like the only woman in the entire atmosphere. He has the key to all of the locks 'round my heart. He unties all the knots and breaks all the chains like Houdini, he allows me to escape. He has rescued me from certain doom. He plucked me like a weed from my despair and gloom. We've planted precious seeds and are watching them bloom. He said, "I love you" and I said it too. We are both wondering if it's too soon. We are aware that love can be like a magic trick. It consumes all of your focus. Just when you've been convinced you've seen how it all unfolds before, love appears out of thin air and leaves you in awe. Love can come in an instant and disappear just the same. We have both been tricked this way before, left wanting more. Sometimes love is ashamed and hides behind smoke and mirrors. Sometimes the curtain closes before the answers are revealed. Some magicians do magic for all of the wrong reasons. Mister What If doesn't need tricks to show me how in love with me he is. What makes him different from all of the rest? My magician is putting love to the test. He has no fancy hat or magic wand. He doesn't use any magic words or spells. He needs no smoke or mirrors. He doesn't use any special gadgets or hidden strings. He is true to his name. He has respect for me. He is confident. He has hope. He is driven by his faith. He sees something in me that no one else did. He is patient. He is kind. He is gentle. He longs to be mine. He is strong. He is modest. He is not boastful. He appreciates our time. He is brave. He is honest. He is everything I've ever wanted. He sees our future the way I do. He loves God. He loves life. He is seeking a wife. I love his precious name. I respect him in the highest. I am confident in him. He gave me hope when I tried to deny it. He drove me back to my faith. He shows me my worth. He teaches me patience. He sees my kindness. He loves my gentleness. I long to be his. He knows I am modest. He knows I don't boast. I appreciate the time he invests in us both. I love that he is brave. He trusts that I am honest. I am everything he's ever wanted. He prayed for me. I prayed for him too. I see our future the way he does and will follow suit. I love God. I love what life has to offer us. I am prepared for my journey to the alter. We will forevermore be together when the others falter. When the magic wears off and the curtain drops we will have God's love and blessings to sustain us both. Mister what If is a magician with a different type of trick up his sleeve. He actually believes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment