Friday, March 9, 2018

Take a breath and count to 10

Things are not as bad as they seem.
I know I read too much into things.
I am, after all, a human being.
Sometimes feelings, intuitions and instincts clash.
I apologize if I came off as brash.
I have no way to tell if what I say or how I feel sticks or flies away in the wind.
I have been so badly beaten and burned and disrespected.
I let it happen.
I take responsibility and hold myself accountable for my actions.
I sinned, therefore, was sinned against.
I have not been the best friend I could've been.
And for that I am truly remorseful.
Not that it means much to any of you.
I'm sorry we couldn't see things through.
I'm sorry we ended up on opposing sides.
I'm sorry we've taken separate rides on our separate ways.
We win some and we lose some everyday.
I'm just glad I have this avenue to tell you how I really feel.
Whether you read this or not, it's all real.
I lay my life down here in these words and these truths.
I have been bent and broken in two for some of you.
I want you to know that if you feel it in your heart.
You played your part.
We don't owe each other a thing.
We owe our creator everything.
Every opportunity.
Every experience.
Every laugh and every tear.
I am not afraid anymore.
I want the best for you and your soul.
I want happiness to grow from this.
I want each one of you to feel joy when you reminisce.
Don't feel sad for me.
Don't hold onto any grudges or guilt.
I have let it all go like smoke in the wind.
I encourage you, once and for all, to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment