Tuesday, April 10, 2018

TRUST. LOVE. ENDURE.

Though I've written many things for many people, no one has ever written me anything as thoughtful and beautiful as this. Thank you My Stephen. I love the way you love me. This will last forever. 

A poem written for me. 
From my Stephen aka Mi Burris

Just the two of us we can make this last forever. 
Withstanding any weather.
Like Starship said, "We can build this dream together."
It only takes a little effort.
I'm willing to try. You can count me all in. 
Here's all my love, my trust, and my word to endure to the end. 
This a'int pretend baby.
This a'int the same Toon you've heard played in your past.
This is a melody sung straight from heaven. 
Take my hand and let's dance.
Who cares what they say?
Let the haters hate.
God said what he put together let no one separate.
Just believe and have faith.
Trust.
You a'int gotta trust in no man rather trust in God's plan.
I mean, isn't he the reason we've fallen so hard?
The instant connection that we had from the start?
The love so strong that flows from our heart.
That's God!
The enemy comes to rob, kill, steal, and destroy.
Can't you see that it's him that's stealing your joy?
Endure.
I know you've been hurt and your heart is in pieces.
Just keep praying for healing and believing in Jesus.
He's near to the brokenhearted. 
He paid the cost on the cross.
So capture your thoughts. 
Don't lose focus. 
Keep your eyes on the prize and don't feed into the lies. 
This is what you prayed for when you said you were "ready to love".
Well, here I am.
I understand it's getting hard.
It's hard for me too. 
But we were built to endure so let's just keep pushing through.
Trust in God's plan and trust in what he can do.
Love. 
Let it burn like a wildfire. 
Let it lift us and take us higher.
Let it fuel us when we get tired.
Let our story be love inspired. 
Trust. 
Trust in God's plan and his will for our lives.
It takes faith to trust in what you can't see with your eyes. 
Love.
It's a gift from God that he gave us to share. 
If we keep our eyes on Jesus love will always be there.
Endure. 
Nothing good comes easy. 
It always comes with a price. 
No throwing in the towel or tapping, we're going all 12 rounds in this fight. 
And we're not battling each other.
United we're facing all opposition. 
Fighting the good fight.
To trust, love, and endure is our mission. 

"Nothin' is gonna stop us now" - Starship

No comments:

Post a Comment