Friday, April 6, 2018

Rights and Responsibilities

I encouraged myself not to go there but here I go. You've never been anything but a disappointment to me and our children. I'm sorry that we disagree but I have my truth and you have yours. I can't explain the swelling sadness I feel for us all. The damage we both caused because we were young, lustful teenagers is immeasurable. We never made any valid attempts to let God into our relationship which in hind sight would be our demise. I have apologized to him for that and I encourage you to do the same. He will forgive us and I have forgiven you for EVERYTHING but I can only speak for myself. Forgiveness is a gift and will provide you peace. I called you today but you are a childish coward so you didn't pick up. Instead, you sent me a nasty text about how I've poisoned our children. I wanted to extend an apology to you on behalf of our now teenage daughters for the words they had for you with regards to your new baby girl. I was not aware that either one of them had such strong feelings of abandonment, betrayal, and neglect. They sent those texts on their own accord. I wasn't made aware until after the fact which is why I chose to reach out to you. I don't agree with what was sent to you and I wanted to apologize for that. It was inappropriate and I had words with them both. What is warranted and what I will not apologize for however, is how they feel. You really are clueless as to what you have done to our kids and frankly, it's blatantly obvious that you don't care. I knew you would put the blame on me just like you've always done with every other tough situation we've ever gone through. I called to tell you that I have not pushed our children away from you whatsoever, you made that easy enough for them on your own through your own actions towards them. I wanted to also say that despite what you think or how you feel about our "friendship" or why it ended so abruptly. You have it ALL wrong. It was not me that pushed our kids away from you, it was our kids that pushed me away from you. Listening to some of the things they went through, IN THEIR OWN WORDS, for the year you had them was sickening. I will always have our kids' best interests in the front of my priorities. It may not have always been that way but it is now. What you fail to realize or accept is that they feel abandoned and replaced. Maybe you should think about their feelings instead of just reacting to your own feelings for once in your life. I could care less about our relationship but it's tragic that YOU have neglected the relationship you have with the kids. So, please spare me your outrageous accusations in saying that I am the one who has poisoned our children and pushed them away from you. They have their own minds, their own hearts, and their own feelings. Nothing I have done or said has swayed their decisions to cut you out of their lives. They've done that on their own. It makes me so sad inside that you have surrendered to their pain. A Godly man and father, no matter how great the challenge, would NEVER give in to discouragement and just throw up his hands in defeat and give up on his OWN children in the ways that you continually have done. NEVER. God does not give up on us so what makes you believe that it is right or ok to give up on your kids is beyond my comprehension. I pray for you and your family because I can only imagine the pain that you live with every single day because I know that you know in your own mind, heart, and feelings that YOU ARE WRONG! You have been forgiven but your actions will never be forgotten. The feelings that you harbor will only make you sick and will hold you back from ever mending any type of relationship with our children. I strongly encourage you to reevaluate your God given rights to pursue a relationship with your blood and the responsibility bestowed upon you by God himself to love them unconditionally. No one is standing in the way of you and your children except for you and Satan. Just like them, you have a choice. Stop blaming me and even them for the way things have transpired. God bless you and your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment