Monday, October 29, 2018

Green grass

I watched you go. I knew it was over then. It hadn't been the 1st time to see you leave. Everyone said I did the right thing. They said to be strong. At first I thought I was, as strong as a tree trunk, until I figured out I was just a stump. My roots were rotted beneath the surface. Much like the love that lingered in my heart for you. The toxins had to be removed. I turned to drugs and alcohol to flush the feelings out. I turned to countless nobodies, and handsome faces to remove the leftover traces of poison in my veins. The damage was done. All that was left was desolate emptiness. God shed many tears for my sadness. Nothing ever happened. It was a challenge neither one of us were ever prepared to face. You sought solace in her face. You let her take you away. You lied and said it never meant a thing. Yet, years passed and she slept sound in your bed. You allowed her to heap coals upon my head. You never stood up to our adversities. You could not admit defeat. You let her be your strength when you were weak. God was not the one you'd seek. How does it feel now? To have lost everything. They no longer seek your favor. Your love holds no weight here. Now someone else dwells in your lair. Pity on the poor thing who wipes your tears as you weep. I'm pretty sure you haven't deleted those lost files yet. You're too poor of heart to restart. You're always focused on your back-up plan, instead focusing on what you hold in your hand. You never were good at letting go of the past. You live in this imaginary world of truths untold but those closest to you know. Someday, your past mistakes will catch up to you and stare you dead in your face. There will surely be a moment in your life when you realize the damage you left behind in your wake. I will be nowhere to be found when your knees hit the ground and you beg the Lord for forgiveness of your sins. That, my old friend is between you and him. 

God bless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment