Tuesday, February 26, 2019

5 heartbeats echo true love

True love is her little face on the pillow next to mine when I wake up. It's her grabbing my hand in the cold when we step out. It's the way they still want me around. They want my time. My attention. I know they love me, it isn't a question. It's the one thing that always remains constant. It's the way she cleans the kitchen without me asking. It's the way she always asks for permission. It's the way they ask me what happened when I seem low. It's the way they genuinely care to know. It's in the way they want to help. It's the way they come to me for advice. It's the trust we share. Love is when they trust me with the secrets in their hearts. It's the only love I've never had to ask for. It isn't forced. I don't have to plead. I don't have to beg. They just love me because of who I am. True love is as simple as this. It doesn't have to be so complicated. We don't need each other's permission. We don't have to wonder if it will ever be different. Our love is of the purest form. There is no stronger bond than mother and child. It's the one treasure that is sacred to me. It's the sound of his voice when he's being patient. It's when he rubs my shoulders when he sees I'm in pain. It's his little voice when he's laughing and joking. It's the sparkle that lights their eyes when they smile. They will never understand the love that swells in my chest for each one of them every day. Often times I just want to cry because of how much they love me. Sometimes I think it's too much. What a beautiful problem to have? Being loved too much. They've taught me true love. They've taught me unconditional love. They've taught me patience and transparency. They appreciate my honesty. They remind me that my best is good enough. I don't know where I'd be or who I would've become without their love. My little Swans. My ducklings. My entourage. My family. My heart. My love. They're the bat signal and I am batman. True love does exist and I am capable of loving them and being loved. They show me that everyday with their hugs. It's you and me until God calls us home. Should I ever lose my way all I have to do is be quiet and listen. With 5 heartbeats echoing true love, I can always find my way back home to them. They are my lighthouse and I am their ship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment