Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Happy Reunion

You can tell when it's love or anything but.
My heart is like a sponge, soaking it all up.
When the last one let me go, I thought I was lost for good. 
Then I looked up, and there you were. 
You pulled me from the mud, washed me off. 
Protective and passionate in a way I didn't know possible. 
Where have you been? 
I've waited years for this. 
Now your number is in my contact list. 
We crossed paths in the past but a connection was never made. 
I'm glad we waited. 
I am content with the positions we're both in.
The universe had bigger and better plans for you and I. 
I am strapped in and buckled tight. 
I am ready for this ride. 
I want to see where we land. 
I hope when I look down it's your hand locked with mine.  
Together at last. 
Fire and water, embers and ice. 
A gentle balance of two elements. 
Now to see how long we can make it last.
I pray we don't get burnt out. 
I once was lost but now I'm found. 
Reunited and it feels so good now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment