Saturday, April 18, 2015

An update on Mister Cartoon

There is this guy I know named Jesus. When I met him he never told me his real name. I only ever knew him as Cartoon. This man unexpectedly came into my life one day out of the blue. I was 19 at the time. I became infatuated with tattoos and was looking for someone to do some work on me. Low and behold I had a neighbor whose man was an artist so she brought me to her house to ask him about a few pieces I wanted to get. From the moment I laid eyes on him I knew there was something special about him. It wasn't attraction at first, more like intimidation. He was wearing an all khaki Dickies suit and he was covered in tattoos. He was very tall and had a stern look about him. He was definitely a gangster, affiliated or not, I wasn't sure but he definitely had ties. You could tell just by lookin at him. The exact words we exchanged that first time we met are unclear at this point but it was related to the little winking kitty tattoo that I wanted and where I was looking to get it. Even though our very 1st conversation was about my tattoo, a small attraction formed inside of me but because he was my friend's dude I obviously had to keep it to myself. Now, anyone can argue that the things that occurred in the following weeks was "cheating" but nor myself or Cartoon see it that way and frankly we don't really care what anyone else thinks. When there is a natural attraction that flourishes between two people it is up to them both to take that attraction and build upon it or to ignore it. Due to our circumstances we tried ignoring it but the pull was magnetic, something neither one of us was expecting nor could control. Cartoon has always had this peaceful aura about him. In the few short weeks I knew him, I never once saw him become upset or lose his cool. He never yelled, he never displayed anger, he was always doing something for his girlfriend and her family. He was overall a great guy from what I gathered in such a short period of time. I could never understand why his girl was always mean to him and talked a lot of crap about him. After a while it started to piss me off because here I was 19, with two kids and my baby dad was a total a-wad. And here she was, with this man who seemed to care so much for not only her but her children (who weren't his) and her mom and brothers. I just couldn't put them together. I never pictured her with anyone like him and I just plain couldn't understand why he was with her. He was too good for her and she wasn't grateful for him at all. Apparently he cheated on her and all that mess but my question to her was what weren't you doing for him that made him resort to cheating. I never saw them being affectionate. They were not endearing or even nice towards one another. She was always constantly on him about something and I'm not a man but I can imagine the nagging gets real old real quick. It sounds like I'm biased and it sounds like I'm making excuses. What ever it sounds like doesn't change the outcome. So, back to the beginning, Toon did my kitty tattoo that same day. In fact he pushed everyone he had waiting to the side for me and started working on my tattoo right then and there. I still to this day don't have an explanation for what happened to me (or him) while I was straddled on that table staring at the ceiling while he was sitting in between my legs but all I know is something happened. Something happened to me and something happened to him. I can only explain it as a Zing. It could be that the needles from the tattoo gun penetrated a little too deep or maybe I was just looking for a companion. I don't know why I developed such a fondness for him but it was undeniable and there was no ignoring it. As the weeks passed I got my angel wings and my zodiac symbols. Then dad passed away and everything crumbled. I lost my mind and chose to move back to Georgia. I asked Toon for a memorial tattoo for my dad in the middle of my angel wings and I moved back to Ga. after that. I thought I'd never see or speak to him again. All I had of him was my tatts and an old slingshot he gave me. I could never forget about Mister Cartoon. Never did I in all the years we were apart forget about how he made me feel. He is certainly a treasure. To let go of a man like that is a true mistake. He's caring, loving, charming, intelligent and pays close attention to details. He's nowhere near perfect but that's why I love him so much. I'm flawed too. Aren't we all? He and I connected on some cosmic level, out of this World. We never stopped thinking about each other. I know it was that chemistry and magnetism, that cosmic pull that led to me finding a way back to him. After a long time, an opportunity to reconnect with Cartoon presented itself. Of course I was going to take it. I ended up finding his address and we began writing to each other. Now here we are over the course of about 4 years. I just turned 29 in March. It's been 10 good years since I've spent any real time with Cartoon. In 23 short days I will have an opportunity to finally meet this guy named Jesus I never really met all those years ago. Of course I'm going to take it. This man's presence has been heavy in my mind and in my heart for too long to just stand by and watch. I can't imagine why God brought him back into my life but if it's meant to be it is out of our control. I know maybe Cartoon and I are on different paths in our lives right now. I know that I'm not the same girl he met 10 years ago. He knows where I'm at with my faith and I can only pray he'll be willing to embrace his own. I still don't know what's going to happen or how to be any more prepared for this painstaking long distance relationship we're going to have to endure. In the next couple months we're all going to find out how it works out. I'm thankful to still have him in my life. Whether or not our relationship stays romantic or we become just friends I know he is a good person and he cares about me and my family. Nothing will ever change that. He will never forsake me. That magnetism we share still has us both captivated. Me and Cartoon. I would have never told you ten years ago we'd be 23 days away from realizing our own relationship. Here's to how it ends! Stay Tooned for Toon's Welcome Home. May 12th, 2015! Toon N TxMolasses AKA Cartoon N Cachetz

**Also, stay Tooned for my upcoming book "My Jumble" it will have Toon and I's detailed story in it titled, "Angel Wings". 

No comments:

Post a Comment