Thursday, August 24, 2017

Tequila shots and Tuesday nights

If I could go back to that Tuesday night I would've let you drive me home. I would've put on your shirt and kept it to remind me of you and tried not to argue with you. You wanted to take care of me but I just pushed you away. If I hadn't have vomited all over myself I would've let you get close but I was too drunk and disgusted with myself to listen to what you were trying to say. I was so completely embarrassed and mortified that I just wanted to get away from you and hide. I don't how I made it home but I slept on my bathroom floor that night. I know you were mad at me because I gambled with my life. The next day we were all hung over but you went out again anyway while I recovered from too many tequila shots on a Tuesday night. What happened next was certainly unexpected when you showed up wasted on my doorstep on Wednesday night. You're so adorable when you're drunk. You should not have been driving but you came over anyway. You threw up several times and slept on my bathroom floor that night. You said you didn't want me to be embarrassed or feel bad about making a fool of myself so you got wasted and threw up too but at least you made it to the loo. That is the sweetest and most disturbing thing anyone has ever done for me I want you to know. I got up and checked on you every hour until around 2 am when I finally got you into bed. I snuggled you and held you tight and we slept until it was time for work. We reluctantly got up and you left. I miss that stuff but as crazy as it is being totally irresponsible and getting wasted with you was the most fun I've had in the longest time. I wish I could go back to too many tequila shots that Tuesday night, take your shirt and let you drive. I'll never ever forget that crazy ass night when you were still mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment