Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Drinking to Conclusions

Rhianna said to pour it up. Jamie told us to blame it on the alcohol. Drake asked you to take a shot for him. Why is it that drinking gives us such confidence to do and say the things we normally wouldn't? I was never a big drinker when I was young. Until I met my 1st tequila shot. It was an instant connection. You could say tequila warmed my heart. I remember when I used to drink for fun. Now it seems to be a pass time. A horrid habit developed to go numb from unyielding pain. I don't even enjoy being drunk. I don't know why I drink so much. Passing out at the base of a toilet on a cold bathroom floor is not my idea of a good time. I'd rather be cuddled up in bed with the love of my life. But for that to happen he has to exist first, right? I have grown to love a cold brew though. Lime and salt to top it off. I love a good michelada as much as the next Mexican. But I'll settle for brunch with bloody Mary. And what is breakfast without mimosas. I can't count how many times a few screwdrivers have bailed me out of a fucked up situation. Or how many times I sat around, counting coins with a bottle of crown. As if I'm not an emotional person already, I'm steady filling up a cup. I'll never forget waking up in the tub because that Hypnotiq and Goose fuckt me up! 21 was definitely one for the books. I figure nowadays, having a glass of sweet red is better than listening to the sadness in my head. I'd rather sip whatever is in the bottom of my cup instead of letting the tears drop. I'm cool with So-Co and sprite or Jack n Coke. I'll take a few shots of rum, as long as I can chase it with some hope. I like pickle shots and dirty martinis even though vodka seems to never agree with me. Tequila makes me happy, vodka makes me mean. Jager bombs leave me somewhere in between. I can sit around for hours around a cool bottle of caramel whiskey on ice. Making toasts to myself about my health, wealth, and success. Drinking to conclusions about the past and what I should've done different. Twirling the melted ice in the bottom of my glass, wonderin' how I've made it this far. Reminiscent on better times. I question if I've already lived the best times of my life and if whatever I'm sippin' on at the time is going to dictate my next move. Until then, I pour one more because Rhianna told me to. I tell Jamie not to worry about what I'm doin' but that I know who to blame should I need to. Then I down 3 more shots, one is for Drake, one is for me, and that last one is always for you. Salute!   

No comments:

Post a Comment